The Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme
(DGCOS) Helping you make the right choice.
DGCOS has the backing of the peoples’ consumer champion, Nick Ross. It protects consumers against cowboy operators. The former BBC Crimewatch and Watchdog presenter is the ambassador of the Ombudsman Scheme, which provides comprehensive protection for homeowners installing windows, doors, conservatories, orangeries and associated products by its members.
Who is DGCOS?
DGCOS is ‘the’ Ombudsman Scheme for the UK double glazing industry – a powerful organisation that offers unparalleled consumer protection.
DGCOS helps you make the right choice in using reputable installers that trade ethically, use ethical sales practices, deliver quality workmanship and offer excellent value for money.
All registered installers provide protection of deposits, work in progress insurance and guarantees to protect you should the installer cease to trade.
And in the event of a dispute or complaint concerning one of our members, DGCOS is here to provide a legally binding and enforceable solution.
By choosing a DGCOS member you are less likely to run into problems at a later stage. But if you do, we’re here to help – and all our advice is free.
Peace of mind – before, during and after installation.
DGCOS is here to ensure the installer honours its promises and guarantees, and does a professional job from start to finish.
Making it easy for you to use a reputable installer
Each DGCOS accredited installer has been vetted to ensure they offer excellent customer service, value for money and quality workmanship.
Becoming a DGCOS accredited installer isn’t easy. Those that do get accepted must agree to an ongoing programme of assessment to ensure they continue to meet our exacting standards and deliver customer satisfaction.
Unlike Trade Associations, DGCOS is here to protect you.
All our advice and services are completely free of charge to consumers.
So if you want to be sure of choosing the right installer for the job, make sure you use a member of DGCOS.
- DGCOS protects you at every stage of the process. When you place your order with a DGCOS member you will qualify for:
Deposit Protection Insurance to guarantee any deposits you may pay (up to 25% of the contract price - maximum cover £50,000)
- Work in Progress Insurance A 10 year Guarantee on the quality of workmanship
- A 10 year Insurance Backed Guarantee to protect this guarantee
- A Compliance Certificate to ensure all installations meet with current relevant Building Regulations
- Access to FREE mediators, independent inspectors and, if necessary, The Ombudsman
- Access to The DGCOS Compensation Fund to honour any awards made by the Ombudsman
DGCOS is the ONLY scheme to give you this advanced level of protection and confidence
The Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) is here to protect you, before, during and after you buy, but only when you use a DGCOS Accredited Installer.
for more information visit the website www.dgcos.org.uk
DGCOS Consumer Brochure details the comprehensive protection you receive, the benefits of using a DGCOS member, how to check you are registered with DGCOS and the comprehensive accreditation process installers must pass to achieve and retain DGCOS member status. Click here to download.
Benefits to Consumers (when using a DGCOS Member):
- DGCOS Scheme fully endorsed by Nick Ross (former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch presenter)
- Vetted and Accredited Installers
- FREE Consumer Advice Line: 0800 195 9433
- FREE Deposit Protection* (*up to 25% of the contract value)
- FREE Insurance Backed Guarantee (for every customer)
- FREE Mediation (to help fully resolve any disputes should they arise)
- FREE Independent Inspections (to assist with installation or product defects at DGCOS discretion)
- FREE access to an independent Ombudsman (to conclude disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)