This document describes how we use and process your personal data after you have provided it to us.
• What information do we collect about you and how long is it kept?
• How will we use the information about you?
• Who will your information be shared with?
• The rights you have in relation to your data
• Changes to our Privacy Notice
• How to contact us
What information do we collect about you and how long is it kept?
We collect information about you when you telephone the office or contact us via our website. At this stage only basic information such as name, address and telephone number are held in a secure electronic filing system. If you do not take up our services, this information will be destroyed securely after one year.
If you decide to proceed with the order, we may then take further contact details such as an email address. Your information will then be input onto a secure electronic system and will be kept for a period of 10 years in order to honour the 10 year insurance backed guarantee.
If you pay by card, we will retain the receipt which will contain your card number. Once payment is received, the receipt will be securely destroyed.
How will we use the information about you?
Your information will be used for the purposes of providing you goods and services from Ideal Window Solutions Limited.
In the future Ideal Window Solutions Limited may consider sending you information relating to products and services provided by Ideal Window Solutions Limited.
If we do decide to do this, we will only send this information to individuals who have specifically opted in to receiving marketing material. Consent can be withdrawn at any time by telephoning or emailing Ideal Window Solutions Limited using the details on the contact section of our website.
Who will your information be shared with?
When Ideal Window Solutions Limited install your products, we will be registering your details with a government competent person scheme, ASSURE (Independent Network), who will certify the installation complies with building regulations, and will provide certification to you to confirm it does. Your installation guarantee is also underwritten by the DGCOS (The Double glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme) who will also be sending you confirmation certification. Information regarding these organisations is available by accessing www.inveka.co.uk and www.dgcos.org.uk
The rights you have in relation to your data
You have the following rights in relation to data held about you:
- the right to be informed about the use of your personal data.
- This information can be found in this Notice.
- the right of access.
- This means that you have the right to receive a copy of any data we hold about you, as well as the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and any other supplementary information. Requests can be verbal or in writing. Ideal Window Solutions Limited will provide the requested information within a month and will not charge a fee for this.
- the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Please contact us using the details in the contact page of our website if you feel that we may be holding data about you which is inaccurate or incomplete.
- the right of erasure, or the right to be forgotten.
- You can ask us to delete your information at any time, however this may affect your guarantee.
- the right to restrict processing (e.g. block or restrict processing)
- This means that you can ask us to hold your data but not do anything with it.
- the right to data portability
- This means that you can obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data easily from one IT environment to another. This right only applies to information you have provided to us and which has been processed electronically.
- the right to object to certain types of processing
- Please contact us if you wish to withdraw or object to us using your information for marketing purposes.
- rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Ideal Window Solutions Limited does not use automated decision making or profiling.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Notice will be reviewed periodically and updated accordingly. This Notice was last updated on 12th April 2018.
Our Contact Details
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed in this Notice or if you have a concern in relation to the way your data has been handled, please contact us.
email@example.com, 01329 238399, Unity Building, Fort Fareham, Newgate Lane, PO14 1AH
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your request or concern, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk